Monday, February 21, 2011

Those Who Are Better

I hope you had a moment to read my latest installment for my 2011 Craft Quest. If not, please check it out here: http://shakenmake.blogspot.com/2011/02/month-2-paper-jewelry.html. Essentially, I want to try a new craft each month. For February, I gave my best to creating two paper rings. I really like each one and hope to create more. As with anything, it takes time and practice (read: patience) to really develop skills. Today, I want to give a nod to those who are better at creating with paper. Each selection is currently for sale and is handmade.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/65855892/aqaumarine-recycled-magazine-paper-ring
This ring is made from recycled magazine paper. What a great idea! I absolutely love the aqua color and the heart shaped ring back - not to mention the "green"-ness of it all.




















http://www.etsy.com/listing/65977309/secret-heart-earrings-mixed-media-with
This pair of earrings were created in Belgium and are so unique! I adore the stitching, as you can probably tell from my own work. I also am in love with the skeleton key with the heart lock. These are just adorable!



















http://www.etsy.com/listing/67039959/white-rose-brooch
This brooch was made in Italy and looks pretty complicated. It is so delicate and would make a perfect gift. My favorite part is definitely the visibility of the font from the paper the creator used.


















Each of these items really makes me want to focus more on using paper in this unconventional way. May the universe grant me ample time for this. :)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring my Heart earrings - I'm definitely in exquisite company. :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Brittani.Beautiful paper jewelry!!!!!
    The paper is a unique and special material, so
    original...!It offers many forms of application to create beautiful objects.Try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for including me here! Great post with beautiful pieces, I'm honored to be included.

    ReplyDelete