Thursday, February 17, 2011

Month 2 - Paper Jewelry

Okay so I'm not exempt from the New Years resolution curse. It is February 17th and I just tonight did my February craft. I'm a slacker, go ahead and throw tomatoes at me. But I do think you will like my lastest installment.

I recently discovered that you can sew paper. Maybe I'm the last to know, but I think it's pretty neat. I made two rings tonight out of scrapbooking paper.

First, I cut the paper into strips.


















I made sure to crinkle the strips to try to make them softer. I was worried they might tear more easily if I didn't. Then I sewed green and pink stiches down all the strips.

















For the first ring, I took two strips and intertwined them and formed them into a square-ish shape that I liked. I put a yellow triangle button on top. OooOoo.. ahhhhh.




















For the second ring, I took one strip of the paper and pleated it into a fan shape and secured it to the ring base. Personally, I like this one better because of the "drama" of it.



















At the end of the day (night, really) these were both fun to make and it was really neat to work with a different type of medium. Maybe if I don't continue on this bum phase, I will experiment more before March begins. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment