Saturday, January 29, 2011

Button Head Band

Ivy loves to play with my collection of buttons every time she comes over. If I'm sewing, she'll organize them for me. This time while we were playing around I had the idea to make her a button head band. This is something so easy that she would be able to help me with.


We are not all work. Little girls can have fun doing just about anything, even spinning with elastic.























Ivy wasn't so keen on my idea, so I made one for myself to show her how it would look. You can see I'm already wearing mine. She promises that if I make it, she will wear it. We shall see! She doesn't like anything in her hair. It is a fight just for a pony tail.



This was Ivy's favorite part. She loves to bring order to anything and she is very particular about how she is lining up these buttons. Don't tell her that later that day, I tripped over something and messed up her precise order.


When I say this is an easy project, I really mean it. You just need elastic, buttons and thread. Sew each button onto the band with your own desired distance between them. Keep in mind that it will stretch when you put it on. Meaning, the buttons below look like they are overlapped, but once the head band goes on, they will be spaced apart.




Ta Da!! Now, let's hope she wears it!



3 comments:

  1. Hi! I love your blog! Those headbands are so cute! :-) I'm awarding you the stylish blogger award! Check out my post here:

    http://mountaincreekblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/and-now-winners-of-stylish-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete